Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dinner with the Rinaldi Family

In order to gain the full perspective of a commuter student, Herzberger joined me in my regular routine of driving home for dinner before my last class of the day. My very Italian family places great value on this time together, as we share conversation over my mother's delicious food.

The Menu:
Farfalle pasta with peas and bacon
Caprese salad
Green salad with oranges and dried cranberries
Turkey breast with artichokes
Dessert of raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake.

In all honesty, I expected nothing less from my mother. She is a marvelous cook and prepares dinners like this one on a regular basis. (Yes. It is good to live at home.)

Following dinner, I journeyed back to campus to visit the Phonathon office. I was impressed by the commitment and outgoingness of our student fundraisers, who were each busily placing calls to perspective donors. I offered to place a few calls myself, but quickly became intimated by the amount of information they know in order to smoothly convey facts to alumni about the current activities of campus. By their expertise and devoted work ethics, I was not surprised, but very proud to learn that they had so far this semester raised $100,000 for our campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment